American Red Cross Trainings
This course will teach you basic lifeguarding practices, help improve your endurance and certify you as a lifeguard. Courses offered are through the American Red Cross.
First Aid instruction and CPR/AED for the Lifeguard are included in the course.
- 15 years of age
- Swim 300 yards continuous using front crawl (using rotary breathing and a stabilizing, propellant kick), and breaststroke (using an effective pull, breathe, effective whip kick, and glide sequence.)
- Swim 20 yards, retrieve 10-lb. brick from 10 ft. depth, and tow back to start point with both hands on brick and exit water in 100 seconds.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
Dates listed are weekends that Lifeguard Certification classes will be held. Attendance all three days is required. All weekends will follow the same format:
|Friday||5:00pm - 10:30pm|
|Saturday||8:00am - 6:00pm|
|Sunday||8:00am - 6:00pm|
- March 15 - 17
- April 19 - 21
- May 3 - 5
- May 17 - 19
$165 which includes $35 Red Cross fee
Lifeguard & CPR/AED for the Lifeguard Renewals
Renewals will include presentation of new material and changes in procedures. Participants choosing not to take the full, newly updated training will be required to prepare ahead for the written test and the skills prior to coming to the renewal class. Renewals are valid for 24 months.
Lifeguarding Renewals - Review that includes CPR/AED
- Saturday, April 6, 8:00am - 8:00pm
- Monday, May 25, 8:00am - 8:00pm
CPR/AED for Lifeguard Renewals
- Saturday, April 6, 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- Monday, May 25, 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- Lifeguard Renewal Course (Includes CPR/AED) -- $100 (includes $35 Red Cross fee)
- CPR/AED for the Lifeguard Renewal Course -- $50 (includes $19 Red Cross fee)
- $40 Non-Refundable
- No refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of beginning course.
- There will be no phone registrations, all registrations must be turned into the YMCA.
- Payment in full due with registration.
- Class size limited. Register as soon as possible.
- Attendance at all classes offered is mandatory.
- $25 fee applies to transfer to different course.
- $50 fee applies to transfers made within 72 hours of class start date.