If you’re looking for a great workout, without the impact of land exercises, try one of our varied water exercise classes. No matter your age or ability, we have a class to fit your needs. With water exercise you will receive the same, or better results, with several distinct advantages:
- Less strain on your joints, back and torso.
- Rapid muscle toning, as water offers more resistance for better toning
- Improved cardiovascular conditioning
- Improved weight loss - The average number of calories burned on land is 135 in half an hour, while that in deep water is 264.
- Beneficial in treating medical disorders such as arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Beneficial for expectant mothers - provides relief from stress on the back and joints and support for baby
- A great way to relax.
- Keep your cool - water does not allow the body temperature to fluctuate allowing you to keep cool and comfortable
With all our water classes, your face and hair stay out of the water unless you want to go under!
And if you are a little apprehensive about being in a pool, just mention this to yourinstructor—they’ll provide extra safety tips to help make you comfortable
This would be a great way to ease back into exercise and relax or to help recover from surgery or injury. This class is held in the Training pool.
(Saturdays, March 3 through April 7, 10:30-11:15am - NOTE TIME CHANGE)
A cardio hi-lo class done in both deep and shallow water, affording all the cardio benefits of land with the buoyancy of water. This class is held in the Rysdon pool.
(Mon/Fri, 5:45am-6:30am; Tue/Thur, 5:45pm-6:30pm; Saturday 8:30-9:15am)
The Saturday class will restart Saturday, November 5 in Rysdon Pool.
Silver Sneakers SilverSplash
A shallow water class offering lots of fun while improving agility, flexibility, and cardiovascular endurance. No swimming ability is required. This class is held in the Rysdon pool.
Arthritis Water Class
A warm-water workout designed and promoted by the Arthritis Foundation, and taught within the foundation guidelines for arthritis aquatic workouts. This class is held in the Training pool.