YFORCE Basketball League (4th-8th)
Online registration for the 2014-2015 season is now open (click here).
Some games at The SANFORD PENTAGON!
The YMCA will use the Pentagon as a game location twice a week.
Schedule & Standings
Check this area as the season approaches for schedule and standings information.
Players that would prefer playing in the A or B division, must attend an assessment if they are not already a member of a team. Players intending to play in the C-Division DO NOT need to attend the assessments.
All Assessments will be at the Downtown YMCA
- 4th - 8th Grade Boys and Girls -- September 23 @ 6:30pm. This is a make up/final assessment for those unable to attend the assessments the week of September 8.
- September 26, 2014
- 4th, 5th & 6th grade -- November - March
- 7th & 8th grade -- November - January
- 7th & 8th grade boys will not overlap School Ball
All grades will get 12 games and an end of the season tournament. There are 3 divisions A, B, and C with A being the most competitive and C being recreational. All divisions may enter with coach rostered teams. Those that register for the recreational league that do not have a coach will be formed into teams from the same school/location when possible. Players that are not on a roster can try out for teams in the Competitive division or be placed on a team in the Recreation division. The YMCA does reserve the right to mix players from different schools if needed to form teams. Every player receives free admission to the Skyforce Intra-Squad Scrimmage, Skyforce Basketball Clinic, NBA Skills Competition and coaches clinic. Each player will get 1 free ticket to any regular season game.
- All grades will receive 12 league games
- Teams are provided with one practice location a week - locations vary
- Single elimination end of the season tournament - 1st and 2nd place prizes
- All levels will have 2 paid referees and 1 paid gym supervisor
- Teams will supply a score keeper or timer for each game
- Games are played once or twice a week - locations vary - we utilize Sioux Falls public schools, Brandon public schools, Sioux Falls private schools, Harrisburg public schools, Family Wellness, YMCA and various church gyms throughout Sioux Falls
- Teams are required to have at least 7 players
- YMCA Family Member Fee: $90
- YMCA Youth Member Fee: $105
- Family Wellness Member: $105
- Non-Member Fee: $165
Financial Assistance: Forms available at front desk or youth desk
Fees include team jersey. Teams can choose to wear their own jerseys but won't receive discounted price or extra YMCA jersey.