YFORCE Basketball League (4th-8th)
Check back this summer for registration information.
- 4th, 5th & 6th grade -- October 2012 - March 2013
- 7th & 8th grade -- October 2012 - January 2013
4th, 5th and 6th graders will start later in October. 7th and 8th grade will start early October in order to be finished prior to school ball starting. All grades will get 12 games and an end of the season tournament. There are 3 divisions A, B, and C with A being the most competitive and C being recreational. Players that are not on a roster but would like to participate must participate in tryouts. The YMCA does reserve the right to mix players from different schools if needed to form teams. All divisions may enter with coach rostered teams. Those that register for the recreational league that do not have a coach will be formed into teams from the same school/location when possible. Every Player will get a membership ID card good for discounts at local businesses plus free admission to the Skyforce Intra-Squad Scrimmage, Skyforce Basketball Clinic, NBA Skills Competition and coaches clinic. Each player will get 1 free ticket to any regular season game.
- All levels will have 2 paid referees and 1 paid gym supervisor
- Teams will supply a score keeper or timer for each game
- Teams are allowed one practice a week - locations vary
- Games are played once or twice a week - locations vary - we utilize Sioux Falls public schools, Brandon public schools, Sioux Falls private schools, Harrisburg public schools, Family Wellness, YMCA and various church gyms throughout Sioux Falls
- Teams are required to have at least 7 players
- All grades will receive 12 league games
- Single elimination end of the season tournament - 1st and 2nd place prizes
- Non-Member Fee: $165
- Youth Member Fee: $100
- Family Member Fee: $85
- Family Wellness Member: $100
Financial Assistance: Forms available at front desk
Fees include team shirt
Schedule & Standings
Check this area as the season approaches for schedule and standings information.