All children, regardless of experience, age or ability can benefit from this amazing, dynamic sport! In order to ensure that camp is fun, challenging, and appropriate for all children, campers are grouped for age and progress level to ensure success for all.
As part of YMCA Camp Leif Ericson, our values-based program goes beyond simply showing up at in the gym. We strive to incorporate many of the aspects that make our day camp program special, including:
- Fun activities at camp! While taking a break from gymnastics instruction, campers may ride a horse, paddle in a canoe or enjoy an archery class!
- Camp energy! Before starting a gymnastics activity or practice, campers enjoy morning skits and songs.
- Interactions with our world class group of role models - summer camp staff!
Build new friendships and learn about how to be a team-member.
Enhance various skills and fundamentals in groups according to age.
Learn the skills of gymnastics while practicing techniques.
Practice good sportsmanship and motivate each other to succeed.
Engage in various age appropriate activities that enhance social emotional skills, physically activity and self-confidence
WE MAKE CAMP FUN AND CONVENIENT FOR PARENTS, TOO!
- FREE daily bus transportation for your child to/from YMCA Camp Leif Ericson
- FREE hot lunch for your child each day
- FREE daily access to photos through Bunk-1
- Before and after camp childcare is available (7:30am to 5:30pm)
While campers start and end their day at YMCA Camp Leif Ericson, they are transported to and from the YMCA Youth Performance Center located at 2517 Shirley Avenue in Sioux Falls.
For more information on Gymnastics Camp, please contact Mike Murphy at email@example.com or call (605) 336-2267.